If you’re looking for an easy Christmas craft to make with your kids or class, then look no further. I have a cute holiday craft for you. These candy cane mice are super simple to make and are great to give to friends, classmates, or to hang on your own tree.
Ready to get started?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I will be paid a commission, if you make a purchase after clicking through. Read more here.
Here’s what you need.
- 5 Candy Canes
- 7-8 Pieces of assorted colored Felt
- 10 Small Googly Eyes
- 5 Small Black Poms
- Hot Glue Gun
And now for the simple how to.
- Cut 5 tear-drop shaped pieces from different colors of felt. I made mine about 4 inches long and about 2 inches at the widest part.
- Cut 5 ovals about 3 inches long from different colors felt.
- Fold the tear-drop pieces in half lengthwise, and cut 2 slits about a ¼ inch into the folded edge close to the top of the rounded end. Unfold it.
- Now take the tear-drop pieces, and fold the pointed end under about 1 inch. Cut 2 slits about ½ inch in the center of the folded edge. Unfold it.
- Take an oval piece and push it halfway through the slits near the pointed end of each tear-drop piece. These are the ears of each mouse.
- Glue 2 googly eyes and a pom on each pointed end of the tear-drop pieces of felt.
- Stick a candy cane through the slits on the rounded end of each tear-drop piece. Glue the face end of each mouse down to the candy canes.
- Voila! You now have a fun holiday craft to pass out at school or hang on the tree!
I hope you love these candy cane mice as much as we do. I can’t wait to see what you create. If you make any easy Christmas crafts, upload them and tag me on Instagram. You can also use the hashtag #alittlemoresouthern. Also, be sure to check out my Pinecone Christmas Ornaments if you’re looking for more easy Christmas craft ideas.