Have I got another Soupy Sunday recipe for you! Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup is another favorite in our house. The best part, other than the taste, is that it’s quick and easy. You can throw this bad boy together on the stove-top or better yet, put it in the crock-pot and forget about it until dinner time (which is what I usually do).
A bag of tortilla chips, a sprinkle of cheese and a dollop of sour cream are all you need to make this meal complete. However, if I’m really really ambitious, I will mix up a batch of cornbread. Yummy!
So here you go! Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup…make it tonight, you won’t regret it!
- 1½ - 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 med yellow onion diced
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can (15.25oz) whole kernel corn drained
- 1 can (15.25oz) black beans in chili sauce
- 2 cans (16oz) kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (14.5oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (4.5oz) diced green chilis optional
- 2 c chicken broth
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- tortilla chips or corn bread for serving
- sour cream for topping
- grated cheese for topping
- Add onion, garlic, corn, beans, tomatoes, and chilis to pot.
- Top with taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix.
- Mix together.
- Pour in broth.
- Place chicken breasts in pot, making sure to cover them completely. Add more broth, if needed.
- Cover and cook on high 4 hours or low 6 hours (or until chicken done).
- Remove chicken and shred and return to pot; stir to mix through.
- Serve topped with cheese, sour cream (and chips on the side)
Sometimes I saute the onions and garlic before putting them in.
The chicken will soak up some of the soup once added back after shredding, if it is still too thin for your liking, add a bit of cornstarch slurry.
Chicken can become tough if cooked too long in a slow cooker.
Be sure to leave a comment to let me know if you try it, and feel free to share any recipes because I’m always looking for more! Oh, and if you liked this recipe, check out The Best Loaded Baked Potato Soup and Hamburger Soup in the Slow Cooker.